Monday, March 5, 2012

March Already?

The time has flown by...here's a quick update to let ya'll know what's been going on with me. On December 27th, 2011 I wrecked my truck by falling asleep at the wheel and running into a pole. Spent three days in the hospital, some fractured rips, a split lip, stitches on two of knuckles.

I am pretty well recovered now, and have since gotten a 2003 Nissan Xterra. The gas mileage isn't the best, but it is 4-wheel drive and I can use it this year down at Pine Grove as I plan on making a few truck trails leading back to where the log cabin will be one day.

That's been the biggest thing to happen to me lately, other than working and enjoying this mild Midwest winter.

Again, I do plan on getting back to this blog more often, but I really haven't done a whole lot and life does have priority ; )

Thanks for sticking around...

2 comments:

  1. Fella I wish I could sit and chew the fat and enjoy a cold one or two with ya . I was beginin to think Iwas the only one left that remembered what it was like to be really aliveand live it on lifes terms. One of these days when fit hits the sham everyone going to say what am Igoing to do now the grocery store is empty ,the schools are closed and the wife is going to have a baby. How much land ya got ,been lookin aroundat some inbetween climax spings and macs creek .My mother passed in june and I,ve got some inheratance coming and don,t want to p it off.Any advise or just want to chaw e-mail me at newell_doug@yahoo.com .Keep livin the good life my freind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been watching for some off grid land myself. Wife says we are to old to move but I'd feel better hidden away in the woods some where. Enjoy nature. Winter would be fine as long as I was prepared for it. I hate payments also. My f150 is 4x4 and I really like it. Use it a lot in the winter. Its an old f150 but as long as it keeps running I'm ok with it. Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete